About Me

My photo
San Diego, Ca, United States
Hello my name is Jenny I am the mom of 3 wonderful children. My oldest is a very active toddler, Owen. Always exploring and discovering his world around him. Emily is our middle child, full of energy and always ready to explore her world. My is my beautiful baby girl, Kaley. She can melt your heart with her smile. I am Also the wife of a supportive and loving husband, Dave.  We live in san Diego. We just brought our 1st home. When I am not spending time with my family I am in my craft room. This blog is a place for me to share with you fun actives our family enjoys, crafts, spending time together, food, and home improvements and many more. Please join us in our journey.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Salt playdough

I found a great recipe for a no cook salt playdough.

What you will need:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water

Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the water a little bit at a time. You may not need all of the water. You want the dough to look like cookie dough. But not sticky. Kneed the dough on a floured surface, about 5 minutes. The more you or the kids play with the dough the smoother it will be. After the kids are done playing you can air dry the dough, takes about 48 hours to dry. Or you can store in a plastic bag for about a week or maybe two.

Owen Had fun playing with the salt dough. He liked putting things in the dough and cutting it. Owen is still not sure about the texture. When he plays with the dough some times he holds up his hands and says yucky. So I have to wipe off his hands and then he will go back to playing with it. He is too funny. I sit Owen in his high chair and put on of my slipat mats down and give him a couple of objects for him to use with the dough, a rolling pin, cookie cuter, rice, a key, and a yogurt cup. Next time we are going to do hand prints!

I am always looking for new playdough recipe. Do you have one?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Buck family this is a simple recipe that my son who is four can make himself! He is so proud of his creation :)

    ReplyDelete