About Me

My photo
San Diego, Ca, United States
Hello my name is Jenny I am the mom of 3 wonderful children. My oldest is a very active toddler, Owen. Always exploring and discovering his world around him. Emily is our middle child, full of energy and always ready to explore her world. My is my beautiful baby girl, Kaley. She can melt your heart with her smile. I am Also the wife of a supportive and loving husband, Dave.  We live in san Diego. We just brought our 1st home. When I am not spending time with my family I am in my craft room. This blog is a place for me to share with you fun actives our family enjoys, crafts, spending time together, food, and home improvements and many more. Please join us in our journey.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Raining day fun!!!

There once was a day when on a raining day I would grab a blanket pop some popcorn and put in a movie. Maybe even take a nap. Well those days are gone, for now I guess. Now the first thing I think is....... What am I going to do with a toddler when we can't go outside!!!!!!
I had a few actives in mind. But as you may know toddlers also have their own ideas and some times or most of the time.
Our 1st activity was baby oil playdough. This stuff was so cool and so easy to make. The recipe is 1 cup baby oil and 2 cups flour. This Can be messy. So if you are doing this inside make sure to put some thing on the ground, I used 2 sheets and a towel. Owen helped pour in the baby oil and mix. The texture was like soft cookie dough. We had a lot of fun playing and it made our hands so soft and smell great. Next time I think I am going to add a little food coloring to the baby oil before we mix it.
Our 2nd activity was making Little volcanos. Now Owen is almost 2 so we had to make little volcanos. I poured baking soda in a bowl then in a small bowl I added a couple drops of food Coloring to white vinegar. I showed Owen how to use a dropper. Owen would laugh every thine a drop of vinegar would land in the baking soda a bubble up. Emily thought it was funny when Owen would laugh. Owen really laughed when I let him pour all of the vinegar in the bowl. Can't wait for the summer we will have to make a really big volcano.
We also did the standard rain day fun. Making a tent out of a blanket and chairs in the living room ( Emily loved playing under the blanket), coloring books and a lunch picnic in the living room with a movie on.
It was a fun raining day.

No comments:

Post a Comment