About Me

My photo
San Diego, Ca, United States
Hello my name is Jenny I am the mom of 3 wonderful children. My oldest is a very active toddler, Owen. Always exploring and discovering his world around him. Emily is our middle child, full of energy and always ready to explore her world. My is my beautiful baby girl, Kaley. She can melt your heart with her smile. I am Also the wife of a supportive and loving husband, Dave.  We live in san Diego. We just brought our 1st home. When I am not spending time with my family I am in my craft room. This blog is a place for me to share with you fun actives our family enjoys, crafts, spending time together, food, and home improvements and many more. Please join us in our journey.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Buck Speedway, the party

The party was a hit!!! Owen did great! No melt downs!!!! ( and no nap) I am so happy with the way the party turned out. A big thank you goes to my Mom, Dad, Sister and Brother in-law, and of course Dave. Thank you so much for all the help. Love you all. Now let me tell you about the party.

Owen loves cars and dirt bikes, just like his Dad. I thought it would only be fitting to turn our house into the Buck Speedway. My mom found a great website that had anything you could think of for a racing theme party. Next was that cake. Wilton has a cake pan that after the cake is baked there is a checkerboard pattern with in every slice. Perfect!!!! I made the cake to look like a tire. It took a lot of black food coloring for the icing. My Mom made letters for the cake out of chocolate, they turned out perfect. For an added effect I added brown sugar around the edge of the plate, to look like dirt.


Another goodie, I made chocolate spark plugs. That is right spark plugs. The second I saw the mold on Amazon I knew that I had to make them. I wish there was a better picture. I know that I will be making them again soon.

Owen received great gifts from our friends and family. He made sound effects with every car that he opened. He even tested tiny baseball bat that he got by hitting me in the arm. The joys of a 2 year old.

I have to confess to something…. A couple of weeks before the party there was a couple of thing that I worked with Owen on. The first was the question “ How old are you?” let’s just say we are still working on that one. He will answer me 50% of the time. The other 50% I get a smile. The second was blowing out the candle. If I had a candle burning in the house we would sing Happy Birthday and he would blow out the candle. Let’s just say he was a rock star when it came to cake time.

I can’t believe that my little guy is 2. It really does seem like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. Let’s just hope that the terrible 2’s stay away from the buck house.

2 comments:

  1. What a great party! It looked amazing. The cake yummy. Also I will pray for the 2's to stay away and if that works LET me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cake! It looks like Owen had a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete