About Me

My photo
San Diego, Ca, United States
Hello my name is Jenny I am the mom of 3 wonderful children. My oldest is a very active toddler, Owen. Always exploring and discovering his world around him. Emily is our middle child, full of energy and always ready to explore her world. My is my beautiful baby girl, Kaley. She can melt your heart with her smile. I am Also the wife of a supportive and loving husband, Dave.  We live in san Diego. We just brought our 1st home. When I am not spending time with my family I am in my craft room. This blog is a place for me to share with you fun actives our family enjoys, crafts, spending time together, food, and home improvements and many more. Please join us in our journey.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Owen Playing Soccer

On Friday I came across a add for a local soccer program, Soccer shots. And they had a program that Owen could play, a 11 week program. The first day on Saturday ( the next day). I did not want to tell Owen about it just in case it was to late to sign him up. It was not to late!!!!
After we ate breakfast I asked Owen a few questions.
Me "Owen do you want to do some thing new and fun today?"
Owen "Yes mom, what?"
Me " You are going to play soccer with other kids at the park. Do you want to do that?"
Owen "YES!!! Lets go. I want a number. Lets go mom lets go"

After getting dress and a quick call to Aunt Kimmy and Uncle Nathan we were off.

My little guy was a little shy at first. But with Owen this is normal. One of the coaches say this and took Owen by the hand and help him get over his shyness. As a parent who was shy as a child it always makes me a little worry at first. At the first water break he came running to me saying. "Mom I cant do it" This made me sad. I explained to him that it is OK that he feels a little shy. Then I reminded him that he felt a little shy when we started going to kids club ( the gym) but he now loves going and the same with Swim lessons. He loved at me and said "OK mom"  He walked to the rest of the kids. The next water break he came running over and said "Mom I did it I did. I play soccer ball." My little boy was playing soccer running and kicking the ball and having fun.
They even played a little game. Owen was on the yellow team. Before they started to play he ran over to me to show me his yellow shirt. He did a great job!! When he had the ball Emily would yell "Go Owen." Way cute.

On the way home Owen asked me "Mom I want to play more soccer ball"" I think he liked it. He could not wait to tell his dad all about it and show his hand stamp and sticker. Owen even showed people at Costco.




No comments:

Post a Comment