About Me

My photo
San Diego, Ca, United States
Hello my name is Jenny I am the mom of 3 wonderful children. My oldest is a very active toddler, Owen. Always exploring and discovering his world around him. Emily is our middle child, full of energy and always ready to explore her world. My is my beautiful baby girl, Kaley. She can melt your heart with her smile. I am Also the wife of a supportive and loving husband, Dave.  We live in san Diego. We just brought our 1st home. When I am not spending time with my family I am in my craft room. This blog is a place for me to share with you fun actives our family enjoys, crafts, spending time together, food, and home improvements and many more. Please join us in our journey.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Currently 7/26/14

This past week has been a big week for our family. We went from a family of 4 to 5. That's right our baby girl is here. Yep. I knew she would be early, I thought just 1 week maybe 2. But nope our little one came 3 weeks early.  She is perfect in every way. Working on a post to tell the story of how she joined the world.  We named her Kaley Barbara. Barbara after my grandmother. But more on that later. 

Link party! This weeks words are watching, searching, missing, growing, ignoring. 

This week I have been watching my kids as close as I can. Trying to remember everything about them that I can. Before Kaley was born I was enjoying Owen and Emily and the joy of having only 2 kids. And watching every small thing that they do. Then after Kaley was born, how Owen and Emily reacted to her. And of course I can't keep my eyes off Kaley. She might be our last so I am trying to remember and enjoy every moment of the newborn stage. 

For the past month, I have been searching for a blog post on how to help the kids adjusting to having a new siblings. There has been many a night that I was up late trying to get as much information and tips that I can. If you have any tips for me I would love to hear them. 

Right now I am not missing out on too much sleep, I am almost getting more sleep now that Kaley is here. But I am sure that will change. 

I was told by my doctors around 30 weeks that I should not pick up the kids any more. Last night I picked Emily up after she feel asleep in the living room to carry her to bed and man my little Emily has been busy growing. Now if I could just get her to slow down. 

My little Emily has been a little bit of a whiner for a some time now.  We have been trying to find a way to stop it. It's kind of making us nuts. But Owen some how is great at ignoring it. It's like he blocks her out. 
Thank you Ot & Et And Harvesting Kale for hosting this link party!
Check it out and tell us what you are up too. Join in the fun.
Have a great week.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Kaley Barbara is such a pretty name. I hope you're still getting lots of great sleep and just bet your kiddos are in heaven loving on their new sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry it took me so long to reply. Life has been a little nuts, but great. They love her so much.

      Delete